Get In Touch
Our focus is on Public Awareness and education. Tragically, an average of 133 people drown each year in Ireland. We feel that this is simply unacceptable considering that most fatalities are avoidable. We strive to reduce these fatalities by increasing water safety awareness and by changing attitudes and behaviours so that our aquatic environments can be enjoyed with confidence and safety.
Get in touch if you need advice or if you’d like to help us on our mission.
Address: Water Safety Ireland, The Long Walk, Galway
Tel: +353 (0)91 564400
Locall: (within Ireland) 1890 420 202 (24 Hours)
Fax: +353 (0) 91 564700
Email: [email protected]
Mon – Thurs: 9.15am – 6.00pm
Fri: 9.15am – 5.00pm
How Can We Help?
We will respond as soon as we can
*Reports about missing Ringbuoys or queries about ringbuoys should be reported to www.ringbuoys.ie*
Customer Service Contacts
- Customer Charter – Customer Queries – [email protected]
- FOI – Freedom Of Information request – FOI Officer – John Leech – [email protected]
- Access to Information on the Environment – AIE Officer – John Leech – [email protected] For 2014 and 2015 there was a NIL Return of members of the public seeking information on the environment
- Disabilities Access Officer – Roger Sweeney – [email protected]
- Data Protection – Data Protection Officer – John Leech – [email protected]
Oireachtas Member Enquiries
Dear member of the Oireachtas
Please email all your enquiries to [email protected]
Our target deadlines and standards in terms of acknowledgements and substantive responses to queries are as follows:
- Response time for acknowledgement – 2 working days
- Acknowledgement should include contact details for the official dealing with the query
- Response time for substantive reply – 14 working days
Should you wish to make an internal appeal then the Chairman of IWS shall hear this appeal.
Should you wish to make an external appeal to our sponsoring Department then please advise us and we shall put you in communication with the relevant Principal Officer.
Public Sector Information
Re-use of Public Sector Information
Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005 (SI 279 of 2005). Water Safety Ireland (IWS) complies with the Regulations on the Re-use of Public Sector Information and we encourage the re-use of the information that we produce.
All of the information featured on our website is the copyright of Water Safety Ireland unless otherwise indicated. You may re-use the information on this website free of charge in any format. Re-use includes copying, issuing copies to the public, publishing, broadcasting and translating into other languages. It also covers non-commercial research and study. Re-use is subject to the following conditions. You must;
- acknowledge the source and our copyright in cases where you supply the information to others;
- reproduce the information accurately;
- not use the information in a misleading way;
- not use the information for the principal purpose of advertising or promoting a particular product or service,
- not use the information for or in support of illegal, immoral, fraudulent, or dishonest purposes
Water Safety Ireland is not liable for any loss or liability associated with the re-use of information and does not certify that the information is up-to-date or error free. IWS does not authorise any user to have exclusive rights to the re-use of its information. Public Sector Information (PSI) – PSI Officer – John Leech – [email protected] ; IWS has an open policy on the release of our information; there are no charges for its reuse and we have no licencing conditions other than those stated above.
Customer Complaints Procedure for the Water Safety Ireland
Any complaint from our customers, including members of the public in relation to the services we provide shall be dealt with by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Should the person making the complaint be unsatisfied with the action taken by the CEO then the complaint will be forwarded to the Chairman.
The next stage in the process is for the customer’s complaint to be forwarded for address by the Council of Water Safety Ireland.
Please forward your complaint to [email protected]
Head Quarters at Lo Call: 1890 420 202, The Long Walk, Galway
Protected Disclosure Policy