Thank you for your interest in “Franchisee” membership and Swimming Teachers insurance with Water Safety Ireland, the Irish Government’s statutory body for the promotion of water safety education in Ireland.
In order to purchase WSI Insurance, you must first complete the Franchisee membership application process.
The following items are necessary for application (Please send scanned documents):
- Please complete the membership application form here (Choose Franchise Contract option)
- Completed NVB 1 Invitation for online vetting. Verification of identity is necessary for this step. Please see our Vetting Policy
- Copies of relevant qualifications.
- Submission of all items listed is required before the membership process can begin.
- Proof of verification of your ID is required when submitting your vetting invitation. Please scan and send ID used along with scanned NVB 1 Invitation.
- We are required by law to vet prospective members. Unfortunately no information can be exchanged between organisations. If you have undergone a vetting procedure with another organisation, you are still required to undergo vetting with WSI.
- We are required by law to request a Child Safeguarding Statement. These are to be reviewed annually and sent to us for our records.
- You can only apply for insurance once membership has been accepted. The fee for insurance is separate and can be purchased for €75 p.a.by clicking here
- A membership fee will apply after one year.