Website Water Safety Ireland
The Education Officer’s key purpose is to assist in fulfilling WSI’s mission of education and lifesaving activities. The Education Officer does this primarily by assisting the Development Executive – Education and Sport, or in the absence of the Development Executive, assisting the Deputy CEO in key training and administrative functions. The Clerical Officer will also be called upon to assist other Team members as required.
This role is full time (35 hours per week), and shall be remunerated at the current Clerical Officer Level as per public servant guidelines. The initial appointment shall be for a three (3) year fixed term contract.
Tasks include the following: (Please note this list is not definitive nor restrictive)
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver of the promotion of WSI Education Programmes, workshops and camps to schools, institutions, organisations, aquatic facilities and WSI Water Safety Area Committees.
- Create content for a variety of programmes, including publications, social media, and other digital platforms.
- Manage relevant online platforms and administration for a variety of programmes, including publications, social media, and other digital platforms.
- Assist in the development and management of e-learning courses & programmes to ensure quality water safety training is available to all regardless of location.
- Maintain and update sections of Water Safety Ireland’s websites and moodles.
- Coordinating WSI’s training course delivery
- Deliver induction and ongoing support training to volunteers.
- Administrative support of WSI Education programmes to include the dispatch of certificates and maintenance of related certificate databases.
- Provision of follow up support to educators, pupils, and aquatic facilities to sustain and develop their programmes.
- Maintain relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including, but not limited to: Water Safety Area Committees (WSAC), Water Safety Development Officers, Lifesaving Training Centres, outdoor adventure centres, An Garda Siochana, Scouting Ireland, National Maritime College, Education Centres, I Teacher Education Centres
- Assist with the promotion of WSI Summer Weeks and Winter Training programmes, Primary and Post Primary Water Safety, Early Years Water Safety, and other internal courses.
- Support and/or attend any relevant internal and external meetings such as Commission meetings, national conferences, exhibitions, and ceremonies.
- Provide administrative support to educational projects from various WSI commissions.
- Support WSI’s response to any education queries, ensuring all relevant stakeholder replies are included as appropriate, in a professional and prompt manner.
- Assist in the drafting of reports and updates for the WSI Management, Board and relevant Councils when required.
- Attend training as required. This may be on site or at an alternate location, in traditional or online formats, and may be within normal working hours or during evenings or weekends.
Please note only fully completed applications will be considered. Feel free to email [email protected] with any queries.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org