Website Water Safety Ireland
The Education Officer’s key purpose is to assist in fulfilling WSI’s mission of education and lifesaving activities. The Education Officer does this primarily by assisting the Education Development Executive assisting in key training and administrative functions. The Clerical Officer will also be called upon to collaborate with Team members as required. This role involves travel 2-3 days per week and administrative work 2-3 days per week.
The position is initially offered for 3 years on a fixed term basis. The contract will be renewed subject to satisfactory performance and WSI’s financial resources. A probationary period of 6 months will apply from your start date. The appointment is subject to any and all employment legislation, including any Act in force relating to the Civil Service.
Tasks Include the following: (Please note this list is not definitive nor restrictive)
- Develop, coordinate and deliver WSI Education Programmes, workshops and camps to schools, institutions, organisations, aquatic facilities and WSI Water Safety Area Committees.
- Weekly coordinating of travel and in person visits to deliver these programmes and workshops.
- Create content for a variety of programmes, including publications, social media, and other digital platforms.
- Assist in managing the online platforms and administration for a variety of programmes, including publications, social media, and other digital platforms.
- Assist in the development and management of e-learning courses & programmes to ensure quality water safety training is available to all regardless of location.
- Maintain and update sections of Water Safety Ireland’s websites and moodles.
- Coordinating WSI’s training course delivery
- Deliver induction and ongoing support training to volunteers.
- Administrative support of WSI Education programmes to include the dispatch of certificates and maintenance of related certificate databases.
- Provision of follow up support to educators, pupils, and aquatic facilities to sustain and develop their programmes.
- Maintain relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including, but not limited to: Water Safety Area Committees (WSAC), Water Safety Development Officers, Lifesaving Training Centres, outdoor adventure centres, An Garda Siochana, Scouting Ireland, National Maritime College, Education Centres, Teacher Education Centres
- Assist with the promotion of WSI Summer Weeks and Winter Training programmes, Primary and Post Primary Water Safety, Early Years Water Safety, and other internal courses.
- Support and/or attend any relevant internal and external meetings, such as commission meetings, national conferences, exhibitions, and ceremonies.
- Provide administrative support to educational projects from various WSI commissions.
- Support WSI’s response to any education queries, ensuring all relevant stakeholder replies are included as appropriate, in a professional and prompt manner.
- Attend training as required. This may be on site or at an alternate location, in traditional or online formats, and may be within normal working hours or during evenings or weekends.
Deadline: January 5th 2024
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org